Sunday, December 11, 2011

Walk the Paths of the Famous in Washington, DC



Hollywood, California, is not the only place where some of the hottest actors and performers in the country have their names etched in stone…er, concrete. Just outside the Warner Theater in Washington, DC, is a different sort of Hollywood Walk of Fame. B.B. King, Chris Rock, Prince, and others have graced the walkway of the Warner Theater with their name. One star, Prince, did not write out his name, but I am sure it was because at the time he was probably “The Artist Formerly Known as Prince.”

There aren’t many stars on the walk, so they can be easily missed. I almost missed it myself, but I just happened to be looking down at the pavement to prepare myself for the other walk of fame that I had originally planned to write about.

Just two blocks from the Warner Theater lies the entrance to the Metro Center transit stop. Earlier that day, I had exited the metro station and crossed 12th, on my way to the Willard Hotel. As I walked, I felt something hard under my foot. I thought I had stepped on something. That something happened to be a monument to the founders of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Along the street, there were a handful of walkway monuments honoring historic figures in American history. It’s called The Extra Mile or the Points of Light Volunteer Pathway. The first time I passed them, I didn’t have time to stop, so I promised myself that I’d come back later to take a photo.

There are little gems hidden everywhere around this marvelous city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments, thoughts, and ideas.